A special web extra from 经典的火车 杂志 模型铁路员工 读者
Get the newest photos, videos, stories and more.
Our sister magazine, 经典的火车波士顿,名叫 & Maine the railroad of the month for October 2019.
Please enjoy this photo gallery of images from the 大卫·P. 摩根图书馆 archives at 500购彩 that include B&M steam-powered freight trains through time.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad 2-6-0 Mogul-type locomotive No. 1455 heads a short freight on the Hillsboro, N.H., branch at Elmwood in 1949.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad EMD FT locomotive No. 4222 passes JV Tower at Johnsonville, N.Y., with a westbound freight for Mechanicville, N.Y., in 1953.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad motors 5002 and 5003 have tied onto a 2-8-4 Berkshire-type locomotive to drag it and its westbound train over the Hoosac Tunnel electric district in Massachusetts in 1940.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad 2-8-0 Consolidation-type No. 2404 curves around the wye at Lowell Junction, Mass., with a local freight from Lawrence, Mass.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad EMD GP40-2 general purpose-type locomotive No. 308 and two sister locomotives head East Deerfield (Mass.) to Mechanicville, N.Y., freight EDME west near Charlemont, Mass., in 1980.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad 2-8-0 Consolidation-type locomotive No. 2662年离开圣. Johnsbury, Vt., with a Newport, Rhode Island, to White River Junction, 佛蒙特州, freight in 1946. At right are two Maine Central 2-8-2 Mikado-type locomotives, just in from Portland, Maine.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad’s first EMD FT locomotive, No. 4200, on an eastbound freight meets the road’s first EMD GP9 general purpose type locomotive, No. 1700, at Mechanicville, N.Y., in 1957.
An unidentified 波士顿 & Maine Railroad 4-8-2 Mountain-type locomotive pulls westbound freight train PM-3 through Ayer, Mass., in the early 1940s.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad 2-6-0 Mogul-type locomotive No. 1464 rolls south along the Merrimac River with a short freight at Tyngsboro, Mass.
波士顿 & Maine Railroad freight train JS-2 from — White River Junction, 佛蒙特州, and bound for Springfield, 佛蒙特州 — is on Central 佛蒙特州 tracks beside the Connecticut River 3 miles south of Brattleboro, Vt., in 1978.